Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Coupons are Like Money

Well I haven't posted here in a long time. Many changes along the way. I know find that I have been effected by the economy and need to watch every penny that I spend.
A little over a month ago I watched Extreme Couponing. Yes it is over the top but some really good ideas from this show.
Starting slowly I started reading and following some of the great sites available. I was a bit leary thinking that using coupons would be a chore, cause me to buy things I wouldn't use and ultimately cost me more money.
I started slowly, Shoprite is local and they have some good sales. To my surprise, I actually did save money and had items that we needs. I then tried Walgreens and CVS, the rewards programs are helpful in these stores and again I am getting things we all need. At CVS I found that I often walked out with rewards that exceeded what I was spending.
So after a month and half I am starting to fall into the groove. It is fun, almost like a drug to go into the store and walk out paying very little. I am able to get items for myself, my 18 year old dtr, my son and his wife, our pets and even help other family and friends. I have even begun saving diapers and other little one essentials for my....hmm will wait on that for another day
My plan is to start blogging about my savings and great finds I come across....Maybe others will find this information helpful in saving money while having some fun too.
Feel free to add your own tips or finds.

No comments: