Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mixed Media Monday, Numbers

This weeks theme for the mixed media mondays challenge was numbers. I thought of the game I used to play as a kid...hopscotch. Here is my entry titles, "Let's Play". This is done on a 5x7 canvas covered panel. Vintage ephemera including sheet music has been added. The photo is a vintage 1970s photo of neighborhood children. Acrylic paint,fabric paint, embossing powder add dimension to the piece. Finished off with some vintage bingo pieces, and hearts for the hopscotch pebbles showing how much I loved hopscotch. Hope you enjoy.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is stunning.
Fantastic design.

Anonymous said...

its gorgeous.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Lovely piece, also very nice knowing the thought behind it and what you you did to create it. Hopscotch is a game I fondly remember from my childhood too :)
~*~ Patty

My Creative House said...

There are some childhood memories in your wonderful piece, I have also played Hopscotch in my childhood, great work.

Martina said...

Great artwork !

Lynn Stevens said...

I Loved hop scotch as a child too,fun piece

Anonymous said...

Lovely piece - I used to love hopscotch too :-) Diane