Sunday, September 19, 2004

Sad day is all I can say...the Northeastern Fife and Drum Corps Championships were yesterday...and the combination corps were horrible. Not sure what their staff is getting paid for because they actually sound worse than they did last year. And these are not new members in these corps....many are the same old members that did not practice and think they are good enough...not to learn the parts, not to clean the sticking or attacks or releases....sorry to say that it was truely painful to sit and listen to that crap. I felt like I wasted two hours of my life listening to pure crap that should not have been played. You should be ashamed to take any trophies or medals you won....

On the other hand it was truely worth the remainder of the day to enjoy the ancient fife and drum corps. They have improved over this year with some of the best drumming I have heard from them in ages. Great job to all. Congrats on your wins.

No comments: